For over a year now, a majority of the U.S. workforce has been working in home offices, making National Work From Home Day on June 24 more of a punchline than a day to celebrate. To inspire a change to the mundane, GMC will launch a new weeklong campaign on June 24, encouraging customers to change their usual routine and explore the world around them.
GMC’s “Work from Anywhere” week will run June 24 – July 4, 2021 and to encourage participation, GMC will offer complimentary in-vehicle Wi-Fi data for the first 20,2101 existing GMC customers to opt-in and get out, while staying connected.
A recent study from Indeed showed 67 percent of all remote workers believe burnout has worsened during the pandemic, with 53 percent indicating they are working longer hours, making it harder to unplug from their home office.
“We invite those feeling burned out to change their scenery, get outdoors and away from the home office, and enjoy the option to work from anywhere when safe to do so – whether it’s a getaway to a scenic location, a trip to their local park or even their own driveway,” said Phil Brook, vice president of GMC Marketing. “GMC’s premium lineup of trucks and SUVs is truly made to be used, offering bold design, authentic capability and all the comfort and connectivity ideal for a remote-office setting in whatever location you want to work from – or just to relax and enjoy the world around you.”
While working from home has become the new reality for many, GMC recognizes that there are some that cannot work from home. GMC thanks all frontline workers who have worked tirelessly for the benefit of the greater good.
Eligible participants who engage with the “Work from Anywhere” campaign on social media can also enter the brand’s sweepstakes for a chance to win a new GMC Sierra AT42. Customers are encouraged to participate by sharing their office setups on social, tagging @GMC and #WorkFromAnywhere.
Customers can experience “Work from Anywhere” with available Wi-Fi data1 in select GMC vehicles in the following ways:
- Utilize the industry-first, six-way MultiPro Tailgate, which is available on the 2021 Sierra and Sierra HD to turn the truck into a remote office-in-the-woods for a hybrid camping/work setup.
- Take a first-class ride to the park in the next-gen Yukon and utilize the available dual 12.6-inch screens in the second row as monitors, never missing a beat of productivity. When done, unload the bike and take a ride for a much-deserved mental health break.
- Head to the beach in the modernized Canyon and listen to the waves crash while finishing that last spreadsheet. With the available 13 tie-down points in the bed, there’s no chance gear will get loose before an afternoon surf.
- Head to the river in a Terrain, which offers a fold-flat front passenger seat and rear seats that can accommodate an 8-foot kayak. Set up office at river’s edge and enjoy the soothing sound of the water that awaits once the work day is complete.
- Take some work friends along for the remote-office-ride in the Acadia and host meetings or brainstorms away from the computer. It’s an adventure that can be shared with the Acadia’s seating for up to seven passengers and room for their cargo.
For more information on GMC’s “Work from Anywhere” or to find inspiration on the quest to recharge away from your traditional working space, visit www.gmc.com/workfromanywhere and follow along on social @GMC and #WorkfromAnywhere.
1 Must redeem by July 4, 2021. Offer available to the first 20,210 eligible customers to activate offer. Requires eligible model year 2015 and newer vehicle. GM employees are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Allow up to 24-48 hours for processing and activation of 30-day data offer. May not be combined with other OnStar or connected services offers or retroactively applied. Services provided by OnStar in its sole discretion.
2NO PURCHASE OR SUBMISSION TO SALES PRESENTATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am on 6/24/21 and ends at 11:59 on 7/22/21. Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S. & D.C., age 21+, and have a valid U.S. driver’s license. Void where prohibited by law. For complete details, prize information and full official rules, visit www.gmcworkfromanywhere.com. Sponsored by GMC Motor Division, General Motors LLC.